Available before the Heart of Europe® Grand Tour
If you would like to spend more time in the Netherlands, we recommend the Ibis Amsterdam Airport Hotel. Airport/Hotel shuttle service is included, and rail transportation conveniently takes you directly from the Airport to the heart of Amsterdam. In Amsterdam, you can purchase a 'hop on hop off' canal boat bus pass which provides a relaxing way to access the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum, pedestrian-only shopping streets, canal-side restaurants, and many other sights. You can use the rail system to visit Rotterdam, Utrecht, The Hague, or Het Loo Palace, all within 1½ hours from the Airport. The airport is also the starting point of numerous half-day and full day guided bus tours.
Available after the Heart of Europe® Grand Tour
Do you need more time in London or would you like to see a little more of Britain by visiting some of the easy-to-reach attractions outside of London? Image Tours will reserve an extended stay at the tour hotel. You can book your hotel-airport transfer directly through your hotel. The local buses, 'Underground', and rail system are an easy and inexpensive means to travel in and outside of London.
For the current availability and pricing for extensions to the Heart of Europe Grand Tour, please visit our Availability and Rates section and follow this process:
- From the drop down box, please choose "22-day Heart of Europe Grand Tour".
- Choose your desired departure date from those listed.
- Choose your accommodation type and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.
- The next page will display the extensions available for this tour along with the price per night based on your accommodation type.
- Extensions must be booked when making reservations for your escorted tour.
- Extensions are independent and unescorted, and all transfers are at your own expense unless specifically listed as an inclusion in the extension description.
- Every effort will be made to reserve pre- and post-tour nights at our preferred extension hotels listed on these pages.Alternative accommodations may be made if space is not available. When this happens, any transfer required between hotels will be at your own expense.
- If you have purchased the tour & air-inclusive tour, Image Tours will adjust your flights to depart early or return later as required for your extension, subject to availability of air space. A $25 per person fee will apply in each direction that travel dates deviate from the scheduled tour dates.
- Extensions are subject to availability. If Image Tours is unable to secure hotel or air space without additional cost, you will have the option, within three days of notification, to authorize a price increase, change the date, cancel the extension without penalty, or cancel the entire tour with full refund, provided you requested the extension at the time for initial reservation.
- Check-in and check-out times vary for each hotel and are subject to change. The most common times are 2:00 p.m. check-in and 11:00 a.m. for check-out. If your flight arrives in the morning before a pre-tour extension or if you are transferring hotels, please note that your room may not be available until after 2:00 p.m.
- For extension prices, refer to the "Dates & Prices Guide" inserted in your brochure, our online Availability & Pricing section, or ask your Travel Agent.